Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Fits the Feingold Diet: Cheesy Chicken Strips and Italian Fries

We have been Feingoldin' it now for a full month now, and I have been experimenting a lot in the kitchen to make yummy, kid-friendly, Feingold-approved meals.  I made one fantastic dish - coconut mango chicken with rice - that was a dismal failure for the rest of the family.  (I loved it and ate it for days!)  Maybe I'll share the recipe for that in another post, but for today, I present to you - Cheesy Breaded Chicken Strips and Italian Fries.  
The Italian fries are super easy.  Wash seven or eight medium-sized potatoes and cut up into fries.  Put them all into a big bowl and toss with a little olive oil, basil, and oregano.  
Spread them out on a baking sheet and set aside.  They will go into the oven a bit later, and when they do, you will experience this sizzling yumminess:
For the chicken strips, take two pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast and cut into long strips.  Make a dipping solution of one part sour cream and one part ranch dressing.  Make a breading solution of one cup soft bread crumbs (I just took the last couple of slices from the bread I had made that day and tossed them into the food processor), one half cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese, one half cup finely shredded parmesan cheese, oregano, salt, and pepper to taste.  
Dip each strip into the ranch dressing mix and then into the breadcrumb mix, thoroughly coating on all sides. Place each covered strip on a greased cookie sheet as shown.  
Put your chicken strips into the oven preheated to 375 degrees and bake.  After ten minutes, add the potatoes into the oven.  Both the fries and the chicken strips should be ready to come out of the oven in about twenty to twenty-five more minutes.  (depends on how thick you cut your chicken strips and fries!)

These are so juicy and tasty - I promise you won't even need ketchup or other dipping sauce for the chicken or the fries.  Which is a good thing, considering there are no tomatoes allowed on phase one of the Feingold Diet...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:58 AM

    can you put your whole recipe for cheesy chicken strips with out pictures and a printable version ,I would love to try this for my kids. We started this diet a month ago and wow can I see a difference.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Help relieve some of my insanity by letting me know you stopped by!