Sunday, August 16, 2009

Not Me Monday #14 - the binky confessionals


Well, now. I for one am not willing to admit that it is Monday already. And of course it's just one on a long list of things I'm not willing to admit. Lucky for me, I can "confess" these things in my Not Me Monday post. Hundreds of other Not-Me'ers are sharing all the things they did not do this past week, and we have all banded together at MckMama's blog. Join us, or at least read on..

I did not spend an entire day lying on the couch and watching random TV shows because I was sick. I would not have jumped at the opportunity to send the kiddies to Grandma's house so I could rest in peace. Ha ha! Because I did not feel like death warmed over that day...

If I had been that sick, I would not have dragged myself off the couch to decorate a wicked adorable rubber ducky cake that I promised to make for a baby shower. And knowing that the expectant mom was not fond of pink, I most certainly would not have purposely made strawberry flavored cake so that it would be pink on the inside. Heehee, not me!

When I lost the Spud's last binky, I did not become incredibly desperate and search the entire house for that lovely piece of rubber we affectionately call "amazing grace." After failing to find said binky, I did not suddenly and miraculously discover that the church nursery workers had accidentally put another child's binky in my diaper bag. And of course I would never ever rinse off that binky and then shove it into my child's mouth to get some much needed quiet. Besides being ridiculously unsanitary, naturally my child would not be so addicted to his pacifier as to need such drastic measures.

While making the Spud's birthday cake, I did not purposely make extra frosting "in case I needed it." I did not then sit down and eat all of the extra frosting spoonful by spoonful while watching infomercials for exercise equipment. Yeah, I mean, no! Not me!

And of course it was not me that sat on my bed Friday night and cried because my baby had turned one year old. That's a silly thing to cry about! Nope, not me!

Ah, that felt good. Now I've got to go work out and get rid of these extra pounds. Don't know where they came from - it's like I've been eating frosting straight from the bowl or something...

9 comments:

  1. I love the image of you eating frosting and watching an exercise infomercial. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Not Me's! We also have had moments of panic when we couldn't find the "pappy". Sweet relief when one was finally spotted :) Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great NMM post! Your cake is awesome! One of these days, I would love to learn to decorate cakes. But then, you would see me w/ spoon fulls of icing in front of the tv watching...

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! great cake! too funny about the binky. my daughter was like that when she was younger... couldn't leave the house without that stupid thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I remember those binky days. And the frosting out of the bowl days.. let's just say those aren't all in the past yet! Cute cake for the shower. Did I miss pics from your little guys party? Guess I'll check your last post:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a great cake! And I too, have sat down eaten junk watching Biggest Loser (Not an infomercial but along the same lines) or, have you ever seen You Are What You Eat? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who eats frosting by the spoonful? Not me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha ha ha! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you feel better! I used to eat frosting by the bucket during my pregnancy. I would NEVER eat it any other time. Heh. =)

    ReplyDelete

Help relieve some of my insanity by letting me know you stopped by!