Friday, May 27, 2011

Five Question Friday - On Pointless Pillows and Patchy Purple Polish

I'm participating in Five Question Friday today. It makes for a good post and honestly the kids have not destroyed anything or done anything insanely ridiculous in the last few days (which we all know makes good reading. and a tired, frustrated mom.)

Here's this week's questions:

1. Do you apologize to your kids?

2. What color are your nails right now?

3. When you were growing up, how difficult was it for you to stay home from school sick? (As in, did you have to vomit or just say "I don't feel good".)

4. When is the last time you bought a new comforter for your bed?

5. Favorite website(s)?

--------------------------------------
1. Do you apologize to your kids?
I certainly have. I probably say, "Momma's really sorry she just yelled like that at you" at least every few days. Then there's the eat-crow-and-want-to crawl-into-a-hole apology when I make a promise to one of my kids and then am unable to follow through on it. :( So not fun. But hey, every time they hurt each other with words or punches I make them apologize to each other. It's not going to be real to them if they don't see it in Momma too!

2. What color are your nails right now?
Purple (like grape jelly). I painted them on Monday and already it has completely vanished off the index fingers of both hands. Sigh - between cheap polish and housework - they didn't stand a chance!

3. When you were growing up, how difficult was it for you to stay home from school sick? (As in, did you have to vomit or just say "I don't feel good".)
I was one of those weird nerdy kids that absolutely HATED missing school and would do everything in my power to make sure I got to school each day. If that meant hiding a fever or a persistent cough, I did! With my siblings, however, they had to definitely "prove" illness in order to get out of school. If we had a bad cold, tissues and cough drops were put in the backpacks, and we were sent off to school.

4. When is the last time you bought a new comforter for your bed?
At least three or four years - I really have no idea. If hubby had his way, there would be no comforter at all. The comforter gets too hot and heavy to sleep under; so its purpose is really just to make the bed look nice during the day. At night, we immediately take it down and put a lighter blanket in its place. I sometimes wonder - what's the point?, but it really is pretty. Besides, without the comforter and all those pointless pillows, I wouldn't have something to occupy ten minutes of each morning and evening.

5. Favorite website(s)?
Okay, here's a few that I regularly visit and use: (besides Facebook and Twitter!)
1. MADE - great ideas and patterns to make stuff - love it!
2. Etsy - my favorite kind of window shopping
3. Kitchen Stewardship - great, healthy recipes
4. Cake Wrecks - for much-needed laughs
5. Pixel of Ink - the reason why I have over 100 books on my Kindle, none of which I paid a single cent for.
Whew. It was hard to narrow those down.

Want to participate in Five Question Friday too? Or compare your answers to other people and see how normal (or ahem, not) you are? Check out Five Crooked Halos here.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to check out Pixel of Ink! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Help relieve some of my insanity by letting me know you stopped by!