Wednesday, August 08, 2007

A Pure Heart

Proverbs 22:11 says "He that loveth pureness of heart, for the grace of his lips the king shall be his friend." Jesus also preaches in His sermon on the Mount that the pure in heart are blessed for they will see God. Obviously a pure heart is important to our King, Jesus, and so should be important to me.

A pure heart, however, seems so incredible to obtain. How do I keep out all the evil and temptations that are trying to get in? The answer is simple - yet harder to live by. I must continually ask God to cleanse me from impurities, not only from without but also from within. To apply this practically to my life currently, I am even now staring at the object which prevents me from reaching a pure heart with God. It is the TV, and I must confess, I spend a lot more time with that electronic thing than with my Heavenly Saviour and His precious Word. I need to cut down on the TV watching (thus eliminating many of the evil influences on my life) and build up my Bible reading time. Without knowledge of the Scriptures, I am helpless against the many temptations that will attack me today.

So I guess I had better go turn off that TV and perhaps restrain myself from recording just one more program on TiVo! Not only will it help me be closer with God, it probably will also help me get a lot more housework done! :)

-Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help relieve some of my insanity by letting me know you stopped by!