Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Easy Breakfast: Happy Toast
How to Make Happy Toast:
1. Melt some butter in a skillet over medium high heat (or on a griddle).
2. Cut a shape out of the center of your bread slice with a small cookie cutter or drink glass.
3. Place the bread slice on the melted butter in the skillet.
4. Traditionally, Egg-In-A-Hole is made by cracking an egg directly into the hole in the bread. My Beast likes scrambled eggs better; so I whisk up the egg first and then pour it into the hole.
5. Hold bread in place with a spatula while egg cooks. (You don't want the egg to run out all over the skillet!)
6. When egg is mostly cooked, flip bread over to finish cooking the egg.
7. Serve it up to your kiddo and look for a delighted smile at the fun shape in his toast. This will confirm that you have just made. . .
HAPPY TOAST! Here's to a wonderful Tuesday to all you readers out there!