Monday, April 04, 2011

Driving Me Crazy






He pokes his head under my arm and rubs the soft blonde spikes into my hand. "Hi, Momma," he grins. "What are you doing?"

"Hi, Honey, Momma is trying to finish up this project for children's church. Can you move please so you don't bump my arm while I'm writing?" He doesn't move.

"Momma, what's that?" he asks, pointing at my Starbucks cup.

"It's coffee, sweetheart. Now please go play so Momma can get this done."

"Yeah, coffee. Can I have a drink of your coffee, Momma?"

"No, coffee is a grown-up drink, and anyway, we don't share drinks - that's germy, remember?"

"Yeah, that's germy." (slight pause) "Momma, can I touch your coffee?"

"No, no, please just go play with your cars."

"I don't want my cars - I want your coffee."

"David, I am NOT going to give you my coffee, so you'd better stop asking. Go play!"

"Okaaaaay. But can I drink your coffee first?"

"David!" (complete exasperation) "I mean it. Quit bugging me about the coffee, or you'll have to go to your room for a while."

"Oh." He sat there and thought a minute. "Hey, Momma, guess what?"

"What, David??"

"I'm driving you crazy!"

Yes, little man, yes you are. :)

(and in case you're wondering, the pics are of the Beast playing with Aqua Sand, a product that is totally fun to play with until it's time to clean it up. You will quickly discover that you have a choice of using the extremely tiny filter scoop included to slowly collect every grain of sand, or if you're like me, you'll give up half-way through and vacuum up the rest.)




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a day at my house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:46 PM

    this all sounds familiar.....
    Ha!

    Ps-youre fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Help relieve some of my insanity by letting me know you stopped by!