Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Little Sprout is Seven Months

Little Miss Sprout has turned seven months old today.
The pictures speak for themselves - this little gal is way ahead of herself in motor development.  She is pulling up on anything that she thinks will support her and is taking shaky steps all around the furniture.  Occasionally she will venture out and try to walk without any support, but this always ends in a faceplant.  We had to make a trip to IKEA to get a special baby gate to fit across our stairs.  Now you can hear me hollering a million times a day to "don't forget to close the baby gate!  We don't want your baby sister falling down the stairs."  Of course, at the rate she is going, I wouldn't be surprised if she had the skills to rappel down the stairs. 
Unfortunately, momma's milk is gone.  I have spent a lot of time in the last few weeks trying to get this girl to take a bottle, a sippy cup, a regular cup, a medicine dropper, anything to get more hydration and more nutrition into her.  She is quite stubborn - I have no idea where she gets that from.  Currently the combination of coconut milk and a certain kind of bottle seem to be working okay.  Night time is the hardest.  Miss Insomniac gets up at least two to three times during the night and expects to be brought into bed and nursed back to sleep, essentially.  Now I'm shoving a bottle in her face and begging her to go back to sleep.  It's not fun.  Emotionally it has been hard on me.  I am sad that this bonding time with my baby girl is gone.  I am however very proud that I was able to breastfeed her for almost seven months. 

Who needs TV when the kiddos have a charming baby sister to chase around and watch all of her amusing antics?  Despite the feeding and sleeping troubles, I would say that this baby is the most fun one we've had yet! 

Little Sprout is almost fifteen pounds and is wearing 6-9 month clothing.  She is tiny for her age, but she still sports some fat rolls that are beyond adorable.

On to eight months!  I wouldn't be surprised if she were walking by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help relieve some of my insanity by letting me know you stopped by!