Friday, June 08, 2012

Farewell, Blended Class

http://youtu.be/cvfBZoqlqgo
Wednesday marked a significant milestone for us.  The Beast graduated from Blended Preschool!  The previous year he had been in an all-special-needs preschool class with excellent teachers who helped him make so much progress.  This year, we were again blessed with great teachers that assisted him in making the switch to a blended class (some "normal," some like him).  In two years, our little man has really grown and made so many improvements.

Every day is a challenge with that young man.  Just when I think I have him "figured out," he goes and proves me wrong.  He is notoriously a bad sleeper - so when he took a long time to fall asleep last night, I didn't worry too much about it.  I knew he would probably sleep in and give his body the rest it needed, as he always did.  Not so - at 5:00 am there was a pounding on our bedroom door.  "Mo-om!  Da-ad!  It's time to be up!  The sun is out!"  An eager Beast bounced into our room and let the world know he was awake.  Yay.  No amount of persuasion got him back in bed, in case you're wondering.

Along with the challenges come blessings too.  The depth of love from that boy is incredible.  He is an amazing storyteller.  His connection with his siblings is unmatched.  He has a zest for life that inspires all of us.

God knew.  He designed our Beast especially for us.  He planned that we would face these challenges and difficulties that come with autism, knowing that there is a greater plan behind it all.  I don't know why God chose to give us the Beast.  I don't know why He thought us qualified to "handle" a special-needs kid.  I do believe God has a reason for this amazing young man in our lives, and to be honest, I'm pretty excited to see what God has planned for his future! 

Happy Graduation, buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help relieve some of my insanity by letting me know you stopped by!