Thursday, November 03, 2011

Thirty-Five Weeks


(yes, I know I look like I am about to pop, and yes, I still have five weeks before this baby is due)
The Baby: She is firmly in there, with little room to move around. Still she manages to keep me up at night with her kicking and punching, making my ribs ache and my belly sore. Her size this week is comparable to the weight of a honeydew melon, and her job now is to just keep putting on more weight so she will be fat and happy when the day comes to change our world.

Me: The days seem interminably long at this point. I remember this point well from previous pregnancies. Because I am not sleeping well at night, it feels like the time is ticking by so slowly. Still, I am grateful that Little Sprout stayed in place for another week and am hoping that despite all my discomfort, she continues to stay in there until she is fully grown and developed. I am so thankful for my mother-in-law, who has come over several times to help with the housework. She also took the kids out for a few hours the other day so they could get out of the house and so I could get some rest. My good friend Dawn has been faithfully taking the Beast to and from preschool and helping out in any way she can. Friends at church are helping to cover my responsibilities in children's church; so I feel deeply blessed.

The Siblings: I think they are all ready to get Mommy's lap back! Also, I am pretty sure they are tired of the "Momma can't pick you up, remember, she's carrying a baby" and the "Sorry honey Mommy needs to rest". I made them special shirts to wear to the hospital when Little Sprout is born.

Whew! I'll just keep plugging along until this baby makes an appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help relieve some of my insanity by letting me know you stopped by!