Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Hyperdrive

Hyperdrive. That's what life was been like lately.

Due to a number of reasons, the main ones being the impending arrival of another little one and the fact that the boys are now able to escape their room at any time of the day or night, we decided on Sunday afternoon that some major room switches needed to be made. As in, we were going to move all our stuff from our bedroom downstairs to the boys' room. The boys' beds were going to be moved into the Drama Queen's room while her newly-painted bed was constructed in the same room. All their belongings and toys were to be moved downstairs to our old room for a playroom. Oh, and since we only came up with this solution on Sunday afternoon, we had a day and a half basically to get the majority of the work done. Thankfully my father-in-law came over and pitched in with all the heavy lifting and carrying, which I myself could not do due to the giant belly jutting out in front of me. My mother-in-law took the kids all day yesterday to get them out of the way and give us the focus we needed to get it all done. I'll tell you one thing - I have not been this sore or this tired in a very long time!

And today was the first day of school for the Drama Queen. We made the decision to homeschool her this year. The dining room is decorated with educational Busytown posters, a big white board, and various other schoolish things. I think our first day went amazingly well, and despite my exhaustion, I had a great time teaching her today. I'll share more about our homeschooling in the next post, accompanied of course by "first day" pictures and all the hoopla. Tomorrow, the Beast begins his fall semester in the blended class at ESD.

Oh yeah and the Nerd is going out of town with his dad this weekend for a Men's Conference. Life is not showing any signs of slowing down! And although this preggo lady is craving naps more and more often, I still wouldn't have it any other way. :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad you get the opportunity to homeschool! Praying for a great year for you (and some nap times)!

    ReplyDelete

Help relieve some of my insanity by letting me know you stopped by!