Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fourteen Weeks


The Baby: Little Sprout is developing quite the talent for making faces, which is sure to be a benefit for the youngest of four. :) The little one can now squint, frown, grimace, and even suck its thumb. Growing like a weed, Little Sprout is now the size of a lemon, measuring 3 1/2 inches long. Although the size of a lemon, the baby is starting to feel like a soft peach with the fuzzy lanugo that is covering its body. Liver, spleen, and kidneys should be working well by now.

Me: Busy, busy, busy! I am trying to balance the demands of the kids and the work of packing and getting ready for a 2-week road trip with the demands of the growing baby and a body that needs rest. As for cravings, I constantly want salty and savory foods - nachos, fish and chips, pizza, crackers and cream cheese, hard-boiled eggs, etc. Sweet things still often make me sick.

The Belly: I think this is the week that it really "popped" out. I am much more conscious of my belly jutting out :) and and it is already doing its job of catching dropped food. Haha!

The Siblings: The Beast never forgets to frequently give the baby some love with hugs, kisses, and sweet words. He seems constantly aware of the fact that there really is a baby in Momma's tummy, and as a result he is much gentler with me. Unfortunately, he has also decided that he is Momma's favorite "baby" and constantly wants to climb in my lap, lie down like an infant, and pretend to drink from a bottle. Hmmm. I guess we'll have to work on that.

But for now, I must continue packing and cleaning. I will be taking a 2-week vacation from the blog and from normal life to have fun with the family on a road trip to Nebraska, Indiana, and Ohio. Yes, we are taking the kids with us. And yes, I said fun. I'll let you know if I change my mind on that! :)

1 comment:

  1. you definitely look prego!

    packing for vacation....aghhh, makes me so crazy that i NEED a vacation.

    have fun. enjoy every moment.

    ReplyDelete

Help relieve some of my insanity by letting me know you stopped by!