Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ten Weeks


(someday soon I will figure out how to take a picture in the bathroom that is not blurry)

The Baby: Little Sprout is now about the size of a kumquat. Amazingly tiny little fingernails are starting to form. Already, the little one has "arms" and "legs" and has started to kick, although I won't be able to feel it for a while yet. Little Sprout's vital organs are all there, although not fully developed yet. And that peach fuzz is starting to grow all over the skin. :)

Me: "Morning sickness" is letting up a little. Some days it hardly shows its face at all, and other days it comes back with a vengeance. Oh well. The cravings have started. Currently my must-haves are spinach, little gerkin sweet pickles, and potato chips. Unlike my other pregnancies, which I basically used as an excuse to eat whatever I felt like and not exercise, I am determined that this is going to be a much healthier pregnancy over all. (despite the potato chips!) I have been going to the gym every week day, which has actually been somewhat helpful in giving me some of my energy back. That, and the Drama Queen is done with school, so I am not running around so much!

The Belly:Is definitely pushing the limits on some of my clothes. I will probably have to give in to maternity clothes soon, which means I will have to get maternity clothes first. :)

The Siblings: My belly daily receives a lot of hugs and kisses from the other littles. The Beast is usually the one that remembers to pray for the baby at family devotion time. I asked the Beast if he had a baby in his tummy too, and he said, "No there's french fries in my tummy!" Not to be outdone, the Spud announced that there were chicken nuggets in his tummy. So cute! The Drama Queen refers to the baby as a "she" constantly, while of course the boys "just know" it's another boy.

Just a couple more weeks before I enter the second trimester!

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS(!!!!) on the great news!!!! Hooray for babies (and the ONLY time an expanding waist-line is acceptable...lol!) Hugs and Kisses to you and your family :):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Help relieve some of my insanity by letting me know you stopped by!