Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bathroom Reading - Volume One

How about catching up on a week with the temporarily insane (that's me, the Nerd, and the kiddos) in a concise, easy-to-read list? Perfect for bathroom reading - that is, if you trust your electronic device near the many hazards of the bathroom. I personally consider my Iphone a necessary item to take when headed to the bathroom facilities. It's a convenient place to catch up on Facebook, read a few blog entries, answer an email, etc. Of course, I have to pretend that there aren't little fingers reaching under the bathroom door while loud childish voices clamor for my attention. "Watcha doin' in there, Momma?" "I need you now, Momma!" "Are you poopin' so you can get a lollipop?"

Anyway. . .

1. Our brand-new vacuum cleaner was smoking when the Nerd tried to use it the other day. He took it completely apart, and as it turns out, the boys had managed to shove a baby wipe into the engine while he was cleaning out the filter.

2. It only takes one minute and forty-eight seconds for two little boys to run into the kitchen, open the refrigerator, take out the full carton of eggs and proceed to smash several of them on the living room carpet. I know this because I took that exact amount of time to take a quick load of laundry downstairs, and when I returned, the boys were shouting "Easter eggs! Easter eggs!" rather giddily and the Drama Queen was emphatically declaring that she had nothing to do with it.

3. We had three whole days of no accidents with the Beast in regards to potty training. We were making such amazing progress until the stomach flu hit on Thursday. Since then, it's been Pull-ups all the way, baby.

4. The stomach flu hit the Beast on Thursday and then claimed the Spud on Saturday. As I write this, both boys are doing better on the barf-side of things; but they refuse to eat anything and prefer lying around watching endless Thomas the Tank Engine and Dora episodes on Netflix.

5. Because of the nasty flu, I have been homebound the last few days. Many nights of staying up with the kiddos and boring boring days have led me to complete four books on my Kindle. Here's the scoop:
a. Riven by Jerry B. Jenkins. - good story line but the author takes FOREVER to get to the good stuff. I "speed-read" a lot of pages on that one and had to take a break from it for a little while.
b. It Happens Every Spring by Gary Chapman and Catherine Palmer. - great read! I felt it was a very honest look at Christian marriages today, and the author handled the big cast of characters well.
c. Fools Rush In by Janice Thompson. - what I like to call "chick fluff." There is no real substance at all to this one, which is okay for an "every-once-in-a-while" book. however, the author wrote it in first person, which was very annoying to me.
d. The Pastor's Wife by Jennifer Allee. - I liked this one, especially the story line. I did feel like things happened a little too fast in the book - six years of hurt is healed in less than six months? But overall I enjoyed it.

And that's your bathroom reading for this week! Tune in next week to see what household appliance suffers next! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, books. I do love books. They're the only upside of the flu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am intrigued by It Happens Every Spring. I will add taht to my needed books list.
    I hope your boys are better!!

    ReplyDelete

Help relieve some of my insanity by letting me know you stopped by!