Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Cozy Comfy Cuddly

It is a cold, rainy morning here in Oregon - the kind that chills you to the bone and makes you earnestly wish that you didn't have to go anywhere at all. It's days like this that make me appreciate the cozy comforts of my life. Here are just a few of my favorite comfy pleasures:

1. Kivu coffee - it's a local brand of coffee here in the Northwest, and while I love a good cup of Starbucks, I recently discovered the Kivu coffee at our local grocery store. The house blend is yummy and comforting, but my favorite is Caramel Swirl. I am usually not a fan of flavored coffees, since I drink my coffee black; but this one is divine. Glorious!

2. My Kindle - this was a not-so-secret birthday present from the Nerd back in December. I am currently reading four books at the same time! That little Kindle goes with me everywhere - so while I am waiting for the Drama Queen to come out of school or getting my gas tank filled (which happens more frequently than I would like), I can read a few more pages. Since closing The Framed Frog has freed up my evenings, I often curl up on the couch with my Kindle and a mug of tea or hot cocoa after putting the kiddies to bed.

3. My peppermint and shea-infused lounge socks from Bath and Body Works - these were carefully tucked into my Christmas stocking from my in-laws. They keep my feet so snuggly and warm!

4. Caillou - the Beast has recently developed an obsession for this PBS Kids show. Thankfully I can access several episodes through our Netflix subscription. Lots of kids get attached to certain TV shows, but with the Beast, he becomes extremely addicted to certain shows or movies. The child will not sit still for more than a few minutes with any other show or movie, but I can put on an hour-long Caillou DVD that will keep him entertained and quiet the entire time. Thank you PBS!

Well, time to refill my Niagara Falls mug and plug my Kindle into the charger. What are your favorite cozy pleasures on a cold rainy day?

1 comment:

  1. I've been debating about getting a Kindle (or something similar). There's just something special to me about the feel of a book in my hands. So I'm resisting converting to the electronic readers. So far anyway. :)

    Glad you are getting some time to relax! New Year's Day was cold and rainy here. I was so glad to not have to go anywhere.

    ReplyDelete

Help relieve some of my insanity by letting me know you stopped by!