Tuesday, August 25, 2009

He's the Best

It has been crazy busy around here. You know, the kind of busy where I am up until three in the morning trying to complete projects and then getting up again four hours later to continue what I didn't finish. It's why my Not Me! Monday post never really happened yesterday, and why the kiddies wore the same pajamas three days in a row. It's why I have considered taking my coffee IV style to save time and hype up my energy.
Despite the busyness, I was very careful to make time for a very special someone's birthday this year. You see, last year around this time, I had just given birth to child #3. Between recovery and trying to figure out how to manage three little ones with only two hands (okay, maybe I'm still working on that one!), my poor hubby's birthday fell by the wayside. No gifts, cards, birthday cake, nothing. It certainly is something I regret.

So this year I determined to make up for last year's fiasco. After all, the man was turning 29, and that alone deserved a celebration. By the way, I'll tell you what else deserved a celebration - the fact that this man, although many times is exhausted by the mental pressures of his two jobs, still comes home and washes dishes, wrestles with the kiddies, goes back out to get Frosties for the whole family, fixes whatever needs fixing, and patiently listens to his wife ramble on for hours about her day. He supports The Framed Frog whole-heartedly and spends hours helping me with order forms and the business side of things. Most of all, he is first and foremost my best friend. I feel like I hit the jackpot when it comes to husbands. I just love that man!

Anyway, this year, I have been giving him little gifts all throughout the month of August leading up to his birthday. Fun T-shirts, candy, food, etc. have made their appearance to remind him how much he is loved. For his "big" gift, he of course got some video games. The night before, we treated him to Mexican food, his favorite, and on his big day, his parents took us all out to Famous Dave's BBQ. I naturally had to make him a special birthday cake - he requested peanut butter and chocolate. The kiddies chose gifts at the dollar store for their dad - the boys picked out a set of plastic army men, and the Drama Queen purchased a tiddly wink set. We of course spoiled him rotten all day.

And it doesn't hurt to butter up the guy for when a certain girl turns thirty in December. . .

4 comments:

  1. Awww! Happy Birthday Jeanette's hubby! I feel the same way about my husband. We're pretty lucky girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you guys had a great time and I love me some Famous Dave's!! I also have the best hubby in the world. Glad to know there is more than one. COngrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, wheres the pic of the cake you made?

    Happy Birthday, Jeanettes husband! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daddy in Law2:16 PM

    Since they were little, I had two specific prayers for my little guys:

    1) That they would grow up to be good men despite of any of my shortcomings, and

    2) That they would attract and marry good women.

    THE LORD OF THE UNIVERSE, THE MASTER OF ALL HE SURVEYS, THE WINNER, AND STILL UNDEFEATED CHAMPION, WITH A RECORD OF 2-0, WINNING BOTH BOUTS BY TKO- GOD!!

    ReplyDelete

Help relieve some of my insanity by letting me know you stopped by!