Thursday, May 07, 2009

Poor Mikearoni

My little Mikearoni has croup and a severe ear infection, poor baby. I am sitting here late at night listening to his raspy breathing and waiting for him to awake coughing again. The froggy humidifier is on full blast, trying to get some moisture into that sweet child's lungs. Normally a voracious eater, Mikey has refused all manner of tasty treats today, including his normal favorite, popsicles.

I sit here waiting to be a source of comfort the next moment he needs me. I hate this feeling of helplessness as I watch my baby suffer. I would much rather be experiencing the croup myself and allow Mikester to sleep peacefully in his bed upstairs. The watching and praying is a lot harder!

The doctor assures me that croup sounds a whole lot worse than it actually is, and I believe her. At least I think I do. Sigh. . . this whole sick baby thing is hard on this mommy. I'm going to go make myself another cup of tea. . .

3 comments:

  1. Poor lil man. Will pray that he gets to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear he is sick. Will was in the ER twice for croup last fall, yuck! Luckily, it is something they are less likely to get as they get older. (Adults can still get it, it just manifests as a sore throat.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this! *hugs* I hope M is feeling better today! Happy Mother's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Help relieve some of my insanity by letting me know you stopped by!