Thursday, August 16, 2012

Eight Months - Why Does Time Fly By So Fast?

 I feel as if I just wrote about her turning seven months old!  Time is certainly speeding along, and this momma is clutching at its heels and begging it to slow down just a little bit.  This time around, I am really savoring all the moments that I know from experience don't last.  Even when she wakes me too early in the morning, I eagerly take her from her crib, smiling at the sweet chubby legs dangling over my arm.  Her two-tooth, wide grin gets me every time.  I impatiently wait for her to show it off again.  Everything about her - her squishy tummy rolls, her drooly face, her loud baby chatter, her hilarious cackle - is precious to me. 
I am happy to report that Little Sprout is FINALLY drinking formula!  It took a lot of effort and countless bottles thrown across the room, but she now will drink either Target's Up and Up Gentle formula or Costco's Kirkland formula.  At least she's frugal. :)  She weighs just about sixteen pounds - still petite for her age.  And if you look closely at that cheesy grin, you'll see two tiny teeth emerging from her lower gum.  They popped out last week.

This girl is so full of life!  Naptime is a battle every day as she just wants to stay out with her brothers and sister and party!  She is sleeping better at night, only waking once or twice during the night now.  We were blessed to have a friend drop off several baby and toddler toys for her.  Now she has toys just for her, although she still gravitates to the Hot Wheels and Barbies. 

Ah, I adore her so much!  Can you tell?  In the midst of the busyness of playing with and working with my six-year-old, five-year-old, and four-year-old, it is relaxing and just plain fun to have a baby around.

I think we'll keep her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help relieve some of my insanity by letting me know you stopped by!