Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Cookie Dough You're Supposed to Eat

Today I've got an easy but very dangerous recipe to share with you all.  (dangerous to the waistline, anyway, and any slivers of self control that you might have remaining after making it!)  I call it "Cookie Dough You're Supposed to Eat" (fancy title, no?) because that's exactly what it is - chocolate chip cookie dough that you can eat without fear of getting sick from raw eggs.  (I'll wait a moment while you clean that drool off your chin...)

Okay, so here's what you need:
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 4 to 6 tbsp. water

  • Take the butter and sugar and cream it together.  Stir in the flour, salt, vanilla extract, and chocolate chips.  Gradually add the water until you get a nice cookie-dough-like consistency.  Spread it into a container with a lid and put in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.  (This takes great self discipline, by the way.)

    Then take it out of the fridge and help yourself to a few spoonfuls.  If necessary, hide in a closet or other kid-safe place so you don't have to share. 

    If you're wondering how long this stuff lasts when kept in the refrigerator, I have no idea.  Mine has never made it past one day.  (No, I didn't eat the whole thing by myself!  At least not all in one sitting...)

    2 comments:

    1. Yum! I love cookie dough and eat it even if it could make me sick. :) But I'll have to give this a try. It sounds great. Might be even better when mixed with some vanilla ice cream. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh yes I forgot to mention you can freeze the mixture after rolling it in small balls. Then you can add them to your favorite ice cream! :)

        Delete

    Help relieve some of my insanity by letting me know you stopped by!