Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Five Months


Where does the time go?!  And why don't five months go by this fast when I am pregnant?!  Little Sprout has been growing like crazy, and I'm pretty sure I don't like it one bit!
So, what has the little lady been doing in her fifth month of life?  Well, she started eating "solids", much earlier than any of my other three did.  So far she has had the prerequisite rice cereal of course, carrots, bananas, pears, green beans, and peas.  She has also dabbled in whatever we are eating - pancakes, sandwiches, and mashed potatoes have been gnawed to mush by her toothless little mouth.  The kid loves to eat!
Physically, the girl is way ahead of schedule and scaring me just a little with her attempts to be mobile.  She can already get up on her hands and knees, rocking back and forth until she lurches forward.  I see crawling in the not-too-distant future.  It's crazy - she can't even sit up unassisted yet and still is practically mobile!  I love her little fat rolls - Little Sprout now weighs a solid 14.2 pounds.  Give her a couple more pounds and she will have doubled her birth weight.
Also, this past month we switched Little Sprout from 'sposies to cloth diapers.  She now sports a brightly-colored gDiaper wherever she goes, and I must say she looks awfully cute in them.  (She's got the red one on in the pictures).  We changed over to cloth for a variety of reasons, but mostly I am trying to save us some money.  The gDiapers make the transition much easier than I thought, and since I do laundry every day anyway, washing diapers is not a big deal.
Oh, and (knock on wood!) Little Sprout is finally starting to sleep for longer stretches of time at night.  In fact, the last three nights, she hasn't awakened until 4:00 am to feed - a feat that this very tired momma is so thankful for.  Let's hope it continues!
Happy Five Months, baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help relieve some of my insanity by letting me know you stopped by!