Thursday, October 06, 2011

Thirty-One Weeks


(yeah so I missed the thirty-week mark. no pics. nothing to record.)
The Baby: Her weight this week is comparable to the weight of four navel oranges. (3.3 pounds) Now's the time she will be gaining weight like crazy while still driving her mother crazy with her twists, turns, and painful kicks to the ribs.

Me: Well, I think I covered this in a previous post, but the past two weeks have been the hardest emotionally for me. Tears fall often and for no discernible reason. Hopefully this will pass soon, and I will get back to my usual cheerful self. The thoughtless comments, which previously would have just made me laugh, are cutting deep. I feel ridiculous reacting the way I do, but I can't seem to help myself. One woman at church commented to me after asking how far along I was that she could not remember a person ever being so big at "just" thirty weeks. I seriously wonder where her filter was. Anyway, I'm over it.

The Siblings: They are starting to get very excited again about the arrival of Little Sprout, especially when they found out that they will get to stay with Grandma and Grandpa for a little while when Momma does end up going in to the hospital. My belly gets lots of hugs and kisses from all three littles!

Every kick and every hiccup just make me want to meet Little Sprout sooner! I know it'll be a while yet, but I am so looking forward to making her a part of our ever-growing family. She has no idea how much she is loved already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help relieve some of my insanity by letting me know you stopped by!