Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Recess

Blogging during recess. Now there's a new one for me. But it's either that or trying to fit in some blogging in the evening. And although the evening does give me some "free time"(time to fold laundry, clean the kitchen, work on children's church curriculum, work on baby stuff, work on lesson plans, clip coupons, etc), it is fairly safe to say that at this point in the pregnancy, my brain has completely checked out at that time. Completely. So much so that I am not remembering conversations with the Nerd during this time. Unless of course he is making it all up just to torment me.

Anyway. Where has life been leading us lately?
1. The Nerd went away to nerd heaven (aka computer conference) all weekend. He had a fantastic time. I counted the minutes until he returned.
2. There was a big rat on our deck last night. It came right up to the sliding glass door and stared at us. I may or may not have freaked out. The Nerd was an idiot and opened the door. Thankfully the rat had enough sense not to come in. Thanks for all the crazy dreams, rat! (and Nerd!)
3. It is finally fall here in Oregon. The temperatures dropped from 85 to 60 in one day, and the rain has been making us all sleepy.
4. Speaking of sleepy, all three of my children slept in until 8:30 am today. I did find evidence in the kitchen that the Spud had been up earlier for a little cereal snack, but apparently he went back to bed and they all slept soundly until I had to wake them up. Did you hear that people? I HAD TO WAKE THEM UP. Unheard of around here!
5. I am contemplating going to the "no-poo" method for washing my hair. I have read a lot about it and am considering it, not to save money necessarily but to help my hair get a lot healthier. Have any of you tried it? It is supposed to be really great for people with curly frizzy hair (aka me) and people with dandruff issues (aka Nerd).

oh here come the kids. I have to hide the candy corn before they see it. til next recess!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help relieve some of my insanity by letting me know you stopped by!