Monday, August 30, 2010

and we're back!

It seems a little strange that with the exception of checking my Facebook and email here and there over the last few weeks, my fingers have been largely absent from this keyboard for quite a while now. The Drama Queen and I took a two-week trip up north to Ontario, Canada, to visit my favorite (okay, only!) sister and her husband and of course their darling newborn Delaney Hope. We had a wonderful time, as you can see by the smiles in the photos below:


We talked, laughed, ate, read books, watched movies, shopped, and even worked out a trip to see Niagara Falls. It was a great way for me to spend time with my girl, even if her little body seemed to take up most of the bed every night! During the trip, she cultivated a love for the Nintendo DS, playing it on the plane and throughout our vacation weeks. I have come to realize that this new love will be very advantageous for me - "You can't play your DS until your room is clean" etc. :)
It was also fantastic to see my little sister as a mom. She has confidence and a natural "mommyness" to her that was wonderful to see.
And now, finally we are back in the States and trying to get back into our normal routine. Next week, school starts - preschool for the Drama Queen, special preschool for the Beast, and teaching Spanish for me. I can't wait!
I also can't wait to hop around my favorite blogs and catch up on all the latest news and funny stories. I missed you all.
Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Teaching Spanish? Very cool! Glad you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete

Help relieve some of my insanity by letting me know you stopped by!