Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ultimate Recipe Swap - Eggs!

Life As Mom is hosting her weekly recipe swap as usual, and this week's theme is eggs. As I happened to create an egg dish just the other day for dinner, I thought I would participate. That, and I don't have enough brain cells today to come up with a more meaningful post. :) haha

So my recipe is for Scrambled Egg Pizza.

You need:
* 5 eggs
*a little milk
* can of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10)
* maple syrup
* your favorite cheese - we used Colby Jack
* some cooked slices of bacon, or a cup of chopped ham

To make:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Take out an ungreased cookie sheet or pizza pan.
2. Open your can of biscuits and arrange them on the pan, with sides touching and in the shape of a long rectangle (2 biscuits in each row). Lightly glide a rolling pin over the biscuits to push them together. Pinch shut any "holes" between biscuits.
3. Drizzle the biscuit dough with maple syrup - the more, the better, of course.
4. Scramble the eggs with a little milk in the microwave. Remove eggs from microwave and spread over the biscuit dough.
5. Sprinkle bacon pieces or chopped ham (or both!) over the eggs.
6. Finally, shred your cheese over the whole thing until it looks sufficiently cheesy.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for 11-13 minutes, until edges of biscuit dough are lightly browned.
8. Serve immediately.

I actually made two of these the other night for dinner, expecting my family's appetites to be greater than they actually were. And thus I discovered that this recipe does not reheat well, but is best served right away.

My picky picky toddlers loved this and ate all of their pizza slices, including the Beast, who has strongly professed his disdain of scrambled eggs. Go figure!

You can find many more eggy recipes at Life as Mom, and of course share your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help relieve some of my insanity by letting me know you stopped by!