Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Week One Weigh-In - Off to a Great Start!

My muscles are sore. My body craves ice cream. And yet I am pretty happy with how the first week of my new fitness commitments went.

I exercised five days out of the seven, using "Your Shape with Jenny McCarthy" for the Wii. I must say that these workouts kicked my tail! In case you're not familiar with the program, it basically works with a small camera that tracks your movements while Jenny McCarthy's voice corrects you and "encourages" you. (haha) Each day the program monitors your progress and sets up the next day's workout for you based on that progress. It's tough, and not always fun, but I am enjoying the way I feel after each workout.

As for diet and nutrition, I didn't really make any major changes yet. I tried to focus more on getting back into a regular exercise routine, and I hope to work a little harder on controlling my food intake this coming week. I did avoid the extra ice cream and attempted to keep my portion sizes correct.

And (drum roll please) my starting weight for this week is: 168.0 pounds. That means I lost a total of 3.8 pounds this week! Woohoo! It feels like a great way to start, anyway.

Thanks for all the encouraging comments last week, by the way. Knowing that I was going to be reporting my week's exercise and results to my blog was very motivating!

1 comment:

Help relieve some of my insanity by letting me know you stopped by!