Friday, July 24, 2009
haha - posting on a Saturday!
Apparently some blogs even have memes for weekend posting, and while I am not usually a meme poster (exception of Not Me! Monday, of course) or a weekend poster, due to sickness and mostly laziness and a little bit of boredom, I am writing this post "Six Talents I Wish I Had." (and isn't that the most ridiculously long and grammar-error-ridden sentence ever?!)
Anyhow, here they are: the six talents I wish I had, in no particular order.
1) organization. yeah. I am a terrible organizer, which would be a great talent to have when juggling a home business and three small and very mischievous children.
2) surfing. I imagine myself to look wicked cool riding the waves with ease and confidence. However, my sense of balance (or lack thereof) and fear of water quickly bring me back to reality.
3) playing the piano (well). i can plunk out some tunes on the piano, but I wish I could sit down and just play anything I wanted. The most intimidating experience I ever had was going to music camp and realizing that all the other campers were way more talented and experienced than I was.
4) sewing. Again, I've got some basic sewing skills, like sewing on a button or hemming the curtains, but I would love to be able to make complicated dresses for my daughter. I do not, however, have the patience for such an endeavor.
5) dressing. Okay, that's a strange talent to list, but I wish I had the ability to put great outfits together without help from friends (or hubby). You would think an artistic person would be more talented in this area, but. . . Hmmm, maybe I've just given up a little since I've had three kiddies in three years...
6) hosting. Yeah, the party's not going to be at my house. I get too stressed out about entertaining and would much rather bring a dish to someone else's house any way.
So what six talents do you wish you had? Maybe we could trade off - one of you organizational gurus out there can come get my house in order, and I can come "artify" your house...