Monday, February 09, 2009

Bunnies and Frogs

Recently I participated in a Valentines goody swap in which I was given a blogger's name and address to send some Valentine goodies to.  My name was given  to someone else as well.  This helped us get to know each other a little better, and Adrienne from Crafting Mom of 1 sent me a box full of the goodies pictured above. Don't you just love her handmade adorable bunny and heart barrettes?  I also was excited to get the vintage Valentine card(1942).  So precious!  Check out Adrienne's blog to see all of her crafty endeavors.

And then, my dear daughter Gabi asked me why I was painting all these "brains" (frames) for other people when she wanted me to paint one for her!  That's the kind of mom I am - putting other people's kids before my own. :) LOL  But this past weekend I put my other projects aside and focused on doing a piece of artwork for each of my kiddies.  They all share a room that is frog-pond themed (I know, big shocker there!)  Gabi decided she wanted a froggie princess, and I chose a froggie football player for David and a froggie construction worker for Michael.  The frames are decorated on all sides in matching colors, but naturally I had to get a little pink in for my only girl.  And here's how sappy I am - I wrote in teeny-tiny letters on each drawing: "i love you - Mommy".  :)
Happy Monday, y'all!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:04 PM

    Love all the artwork you've been doing--I wonder where all that talent comes from? Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a fun swap. But I'm guessing you have to be craftily gifted to do it,lol.

    Very cute little frog pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:01 AM

    I am so pleased that you enjoyed your box of goodies. I tried to include at least one item for you and each of your children. For your little one, The bunny is made from 100% natural & organic fibers. Have a great week and a Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Help relieve some of my insanity by letting me know you stopped by!