Thursday, December 11, 2008

Super-Mom or Super-Dork??

It has been a long night, but the Christmas calendars are done!  I got into the creative mode and had my craft stuff spread everywhere; so I just decided to stay up until all the pages were finished.  Plus, the kiddies were in bed and sleeping soundly....
At 3:30 am, I glued the last ribbon in place and wearily headed off to bed.  It seemed as soon as my head hit the pillow that Michael woke up incredibly fussy.  Still on a high from actually finishing a Christmas project, I fed him and rocked him and soothed him patiently until he went back to sleep.  "I am such a super-mom," was my last thought before I drifted off to sleep.  
It's 7:00 am, and I dimly hear my little man crying again.  I lie there, unreasonably hoping that he will just go back to sleep.  When it becomes obvious that I will have to get out of bed and deal with the situation or risk having THREE cranky kids, I stand up and make my way down the stairs to fix Michael a bottle.  Through bleary eyes,  I locate the formula and start heating up some water.  I grab a couple of Tylenol to take while the bottle is warming.  Then I drag my carcass up the stairs again to feed Michael.  Being the responsible, "super-mom" I am, I prop the bottle up in his bottle holder and climb back into bed.  I hear the bottle drop to the floor and the crying start again.  Sighing, I walk over to Michael's bed and reposition the bottle.  This happens three more times, and I am getting frustrated.  "I just need to sleep for another half-hour or so, buddy!  Please just drink it!"  But the crying continues.  Resigning myself to the fact that I will not be getting any more sleep this morning, I pick up his bottle and stare at it.  Something is not quite right.  The formula looks, well, very watery.  And then it hits me.  I forgot to put the formula in!  Poor Michael had been trying to let me know that he was not about to drink warm water!

Ahhh, so the illusions of super-momdom quickly fade away.  Stay tuned for an episode of "Nap Poop Art" and yes I promise it is as gross as it sounds.

3 comments:

  1. Oh that is funny. I have my own stories like that so you are not alone. We moms just work overtime thats all there is to it.

    Get a good nights rest tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still feel sleep deprived in spite of the fact that I no longer have little ones. I guess maybe it's the nature of having kids under 18.

    Okay, so this is the second blog I've read that's mentioned the "waste products" fascination,lol. Mine used to write on the walls, but they stuck to Markers. Which is much harder to get off in the long-term...;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all too familiar with nap poop art. I SO feel your pain there!

    ReplyDelete

Help relieve some of my insanity by letting me know you stopped by!